Many retail businesses are experiencing the benefits of location-based advertisements and achieving success for their online store. These ads have helped them to increase the traffic and enhance customer engagement giving a boost to their overall digital presence. So, does customized location-based advertisements can increase in-store visits, too?
A location-based ad helps retailers to pinpoint the physical location of the consumer through their mobile devices and send messages related to offers that drive them to the store. In a recent survey conducted by the data platform Factual, many retailers have experienced benefits like positive customer experience, effective campaigns, and better targeting accuracy by personalizing ads with location data. Over 90% said that doing so has also increased their understanding of audiences.
Data from 451 Research and PlaceIQ found that 57% of multichannel marketers said consumer location data, used to measure lift in-store visitation, is the most important type of data used to gauge marketing performance.
So, how do location-based ads help to boost in-store visits?
While creating a strategy for boosting in-store traffic, it is very important to focus on your customer base and target audience. Thereafter, look for ways to differentiate from your competitors while remaining relatable and relevant to your target customers.
If you have a brick & mortar store use location-based targeting and send customized offers to people from specific areas. It encourages them to visit your store and even make a purchase from your store.
Now, let us understand where to target? Though It is simple. The only thing needs to research about is which areas can provide promising opportunities. For example, if you’re seeing an increase in customers from a specific area, you can send mobile ads to people in that location. You can also create a strategy to attract previous customers in nearby cities by offering exclusive coupons and offers to get them back into the store.
Tips for Creating Location-Based Ads
While there are many ways to incorporate location-based advertising that can lure shoppers to visit your store, there’s likely some out-of-the-box strategies you must be missing out on. These tips can increase your success and provide the next level shift to your marketing efforts.
- Apply Geofence: Geofencing is a location-based service in which an app or software uses GPS, RFID, Wi-Fi, or cellular data to define geographical boundaries. It creates a virtual boundary where brands can target their customers.
- Enhance mobile ads: 49% of in-store purchases are influenced by digital interactions – over half of which take place on mobile, according to a recent report of the Facebook business. Therefore, brick-and-mortar retailers must evolve their campaigns to match the pace with the growing trend of mobile-first and reach maximum people with the product information.
- Targeted Locations: Since people are more likely to buy from a store that’s near where they’re located, keep your target locations close. You also want to make sure you consider other customer location data, like where they shop and where they’re from, to discover other areas that you should target.
- Frame Right Message: Having the right messages is one of the most important things you need for a successful location-based ad. Something as simple as customizing each ad to address specific pain points and customer interests can provide better opportunities to attract customers and drive store visits.
Integrating Location-Based Ads for Retail Stores
LEAP connects business-to-consumer touch-points like a point of sales systems with marketing efforts. It is a platform for collaboration and integration of location-based services, analytics, positioning, etc. to improve consumer engagements through advertising and marketing modules.
- LOCATION-BASED ADVERTISING – Locate & connect with potential Consumers
- TARGETED MARKETING – Tactics to reach your target audience
- PRODUCT PROMOTIONS – Right content with the right context
- ESTABLISH VALUE-ADDED CHANNELS – Build up lifetime Consumer value
- CONSUMER ENGAGEMENT – Interactive ways to engage with consumers
If you’re looking to improve your reach, attract new customers, and most importantly, boost your in-store visits, location-based ads can be an ideal solution for your business.
Get in touch with the experts at LEAP for more information about the benefits of location-based ads and how we can help you drive conversions and sales in-store.